Thisvi Industrial Area was institutionalised and necessary procedures were initiated for hosting production and secondary activities.
Thisvi Industrial Area was institutionalised.
Thisvi Industrial Area establishment procedures were initiated with former ETVA S.A. acting as its exclusive organisation body for the installation of "Alumina plant" and other secondary activities. Procedures were completed in 1988.
- Former ETVA S.A. started procedures of acquiring land with free contracts (1,250 land sale contracts signed between former ETVA S.A. and private individuals from Thisvi). Part of Thisvi Industrial Area was granted to former ETVA S.A. by the Ministry of Agriculture. The procedures were completed in 1990.
- Design of Thisvi Industrial Area infrastructure.
- Six administrative decisions were given by the competent Authorities (two common ministerial decisions setting Thisvi Industrial Area limits, two Prefect decisions defining seashore and coastline limits, a concession decision by the Ministry of Agriculture, with which ETVA S.A. granted land area, and a concession decision by the then Prefect of Viotia, with which ETVA S.A. granted the right using seashore and coastline for works execution).
Basic infrastructure works started and consisted of: the main road towards sea (within the industrial area), four docks A, B, C and D along the southern boundary of the sea, the ground floor office building at Thisvi Industrial Area entrance and civil engineering works to create the platform where ALUMINA plant will be installed.
Investment of installing aluminum manufacturing plant canceled and search for new investors.
Former ETVA S.A. started searching for new investors for exploiting Thisvi Industrial Area infrastructure, since the fall of Soviet Union, resulted the cancellation of aluminum plant investment.
Corinth Pipeworks S.A. selected Thisvi Industrial Area for installing its modern steel pipe manufacturing plant and purchased the first land (first contract signed on 23.12.1998) from the former ETVA S.A.
A decade of great importance in the course of Thisvi Industrial Area development. Manufacturing facilities and services companies were established and begun their operation, while Dia.Vi.Pe.Thi.V. S.A., new administrative body of Thisvi Industrial Area, continues infrastructure works, respecting sustainable development.
- Corinth Pipeworks S.A. started operating its state-of-the-art facilities in Thisvi Industrial Area for manufacturing medium and large diameter steel pipes for energy line pipes and hollow sections for the construction sector.
- Halcor S.A., Elval S.A., Sidenor S.A. and Hellenic Cables S.A. acquired Thisvi Industrial Area remaining areas, held by former ETVA S.A.
- The new owners of Thisvi Industrial Area undertake self-management on the basis of Law 2545/1997 on Industrial and Business Parks (VEPE).
- Former ETVA S.A. consented and Minister of Development issued decision no. 14822/703/2001 whereby Thisvi Industrial Area came under the provisions of Law 2545/1997 (article 19). The same decision also approved Thisvi Industrial Area Operating Regulations.
- The Company entitled "Management and Administration of Industrial Area Thisvi Viotia S.A." with the distinctive title "Dia.Vi.Pe.Thi.V. S.A." was founded in order to succeed former ETVA S.A. (in implementation of the respective Ministerial Decision, article 8 of law 2545/1997). Shareholders of Dia.Vi.Pe.Thi.V. S.A. are the original owners of Thisvi Industrial Area (Corinth Pipeworks S.A., Elval S.A., Halcor S.A., Hellenic Cables S.A. and Sidenor S.A.), whose share capital is proportional to the extent of land holding.
- Dia.Vi.Pe.Thi.V. S.A. installed and began operation.
- ETVA S.A. and Dia.Vi.Pe.Thi.V. S.A. signed a contract on transfer of all rights and obligations in regards to Thisvi Industrial Are organisation from ETVA S.A. to Dia.Vi.Pe.Thi.V. S.A.. Immediately after, the above mentioned parties signed a delivery – acceptance infrastructure protocol, where ETVA S.A. delivers to Dia.Vi.Pe.Thi.V. S.A.:
- the first road that was constructed within Thisvi Industrial Area connecting the eastern part to the southern sea part, where port facilities are located;
- the four docks A, B, C and D, and the ground floor building which is located left of Thisvi Industrial Area entrance;
- rest of infrastructure together with land platforms.
- Construction of all basic networks of phase A of Thisvi Industrial Area.
- Thisvi port facilities equipment gradually installed in dock B, including: firefighting system, lighting pillars, cranes (one of which was track-based), water and electricity networks, workers' locker building, WC and port administration offices. Investments completed in 2008.
- Floor restoration of docks A and B (completed in 2008).
- Thisvi Industrial Area town plan approved by Authorities on area of 3,987,976 sq. m.
- Wastewater treatment facility was licensed and began operation in building block 6.
- Partial act of the Thisvi Industrial Area town plan implementation, approval of infrastructure works in phases and issue the initial decision finding of Thisvi Industrial Area operation.
- Legalisation of ground floor unfinished building delivered by former ETVA S.A. to Dia.Vi.Pe.Thi.V. S.A. (2001), in part of which the Company could locate its offices (block building 3).
- Waste management facilities constructed in order to receive recyclable materials and ship-generated waste.
- Partial act of implementing was amended.
- ELPEDISON S.A. installs power plant operation using natural gas in Thisvi Industrial Area.
Continuous investments, emphasis on safety, and respect for the environment are the pillars of making Thisvi Industrial Area a modern industrial area.
- Upgrade marine protective equipment including boat "IOANNA".
- Legalization of existing port infrastructure of former ETVA S.A. which were built in the period 1988-1990, specifically docks A, C and D.
- Planting project began (bushes and trees) at the building block 6 (wastewater treatment facility), the Thisvi Industrial Area entrance, and other areas marked in town plan as “green areas”.
- Elval S.A. established customs warehouse facility in Thisvi Industrial Area.
- Seashore and coast line limits for docks A, C and D have been redefined.
- Environmental Management System of Thisvi Industrial Area (port facilities are included) was certified in accordance with international standard ISO 14001.
- Dia.Vi.Pe.Thi.V. S.A. purchased boat "DIANTHIA" to be included in the marine anti-pollution equipment.
- The DAEC decision of Thisvi Industrial Area environmental conditions was reviewed (version DAEC 10 year duration).
- Concession decision to grant Dia.Vi.Pe.Thi.V. S.A. the right to use seashore and coast line, as well as to use and exploit existing port infrastructure for thirty years.
- Legalisation of Dock B, which constructed from former ETVA S.A. in the period 1988-1990 and delivered to Dia.Vi.Pe.Thi.V. S.A. in 2001.
- More than 5,000 bushes and trees were planted in Thisvi Industrial Area.
- Dock C floor restoration is completed and second fire-fighting system is placed.
- The DAEC decision of Thisvi Industrial Area environmental conditions was amended.
- Extension of wastewater treatment facility for receiving new waste streams.
- Redefining the coastline and seashore boundaries and set the limits of the former coastline of dock B of Thisvi Industrial Area.
- Basic infrastructure works in building blick 4 were completed.
- S.A. Viotia Aiolos sub-leases land in building block 5 for the installation of a jigh-voltage substation.
- Upgrading a Liebherr aytomobile forklift truck at port area.
- Installation of energy-saving lamps (LED)at port area.
- Completion of the north road of building block 5.